9.12.2014

100 Ways To Be Happy


Thank goodness it's Friday, y'all!
Today I am writing a post that is quite personal to me. I sometimes have a hard time staying happy. I let little things stress me out and I always over think everything. I figure it's time to take a minute and figure out some ways I can learn to be more happy with my life. I started looking around online and found a link to a blog (Nourish) that had posted "100 Ways to Live a Life Full of Joy." I am going to put a list together of some of my favorites listed and then provide a link to the full post incase y'all want to enjoy reading about more ways to be happy.
Enjoy!

  • Forget what everyone else wants you to be, and be who you want you to be instead.
  • Fall in love with you.
  • Get dressed up and go out at least once a week.
  • Do one thing every day that makes you laugh out loud.
  • Forgive yourself.
  • Forgive others & let go of any grudges you hold.
  • Keep dreaming new dreams.
  • Stop worrying about tomorrow.
  • Show love and affection to those you care for.
  • Give thanks, everyday.
  • Let go of what it means to be perfect.
  • Do what you love.
  • Make time everyday to something for you.
  • Smile at strangers.
  • Show everyone you meet with the same level of love and kindness that you want people to show you.
  • Celebrate how far you've come & how much you've achieved. 
  • Write a list of things that you like about you.
  • Live each day with intention.
  • Just be.
  • Learn to view your obstacles as an opportunity for you to see things in a new light.
  • Live your truth.
  • Distance yourself from people who are negative and try to bring you down.
  • Discover your personal sense of style and wear clothes that make you feel amazing.
  • Stop comparing yourself to others.
  • Take one step everyday that will propel you in the direction of your dreams.
  • Love your body & treat it with respect. It's wholly yours and the only one you will ever have.
  • Gracefully let go of things that are not meant for you.
  • Make the choice to see the good in people.
  • Be kind to everyone you meet.
  • Believe in yourself.
  • If you don't like something then change it. Life is too short to spend time doing things that make you unhappy.
  • Surround yourself with positive people.
  • Don't take yourself too seriously.
  • Free yourself of hatred, envy, & jealousy. 
  • Accept your flaws, in fact, celebrate them - these make you uniquely you.
  • Work hard to achieve your goals, but balance this with enjoying life.
  • Don't let time pass you by.
  • Instead of judging other people, try to understand them first.
  • Never give up hope.
  • Give complements freely. 
  • Be independent. Make your own decisions & stand by them.
  • Be generous.
  • Define your values & live by them.
  • Always remember the best things in life don't cost money - true friendship, laughter, happiness, love and deep sense of fulfillment - cannot be bought. 
  • Be honest. With yourself & others.
  • Know it's never too late to start again.

To find more way to be happy click HERE!

How do you stay happy?

4 comments:

  1. This is a terrific list. I think it's something we all need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge supporter of anything dealing with happiness! What a great list to share. Falling in love with yourself is so important. I'm still working on it! I like that a lot of these have to do with loving and believing in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! My favorite types of lists to make are the ones where I count all of the things that made me smile in a day

    ReplyDelete